The Fleet/Equipment Manager contributes to the Company’s success by possessing excellent leadership, communication, internal relation skills. This position is accountable for the management of fleet vehicle service records, inspections, and monitoring.
- Maintain detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and schedule regular maintenance to ensure operational efficiency
- Comply with US Dept. of Transportation laws and regulations along with state and local regulations, manage DOT pre & post trip app.
- Utilize GPS to monitor drivers and track vehicles
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Participate in workshops & educational programs to keep abreast of best practices in the industry
- Keep inspections up to date
- Oversee mechanics and welding projects
- Coordinate with mechanics and welders for parts pick up, pricing of parts and vehicle drop off and pickups
- Coordinate and schedule fuel tank stickers with the City of Boston
- Order new products for preparing new trucks for the field such as seat covers, floor mats, rain guards, bed covers, etc.
- Manage and operate the HCSS – Equipment 360 software.
- Inspect all excavation equipment when returned to yard.
- Logistics Management Skills
- Time Management and Organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide cross section of individuals
- Commitment to company values
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years mechanical experience in all areas of repair
G. Greene Construction provides a dynamic atmosphere to prosper within each employees’ field. Our family environment puts an emphasis on caring, teamwork and respect. We encourage employees to take continuous education in order to further their career.
Our pay is at the top of the scale and we have a generous benefits package which includes 100% paid medical and dental benefits starting on day one. 401k with automatic 3% match of total compensation regardless of employee contribution and vested 100% from day one. Vacation days commensurate with experience. Ten paid holidays. Short & long term disability. Work from home one day a week with employee determined start and end times to the work day. Christmas club, vacation club and discounted loan offers through credit union. ID fraud coverage. Plus other benefits.