The Project Manager in the Civil Division must possess excellent leadership, communication, and client relation skills. The position is accountable for the management of all aspects of their appointed projects from coordination of subcontractors to reviewing contract documents.
- Manage subcontractors, vendors, and assistant project managers
- Manage coordination, quality control and scheduling of projects
- Build master construction schedule
- Adhere to contract documents
- Manage the project budget with monthly forecast reports to the Vice President of Civil Division and Controller
- Provide administrative and technical direction for assigned project
- Assist with the supervision and training of Assistant Project Managers, Engineers, and Co-ops
- Support the Superintendent and Field Staff
- Perform project-related cost management, budget forecasting, scheduling, and subcontract and purchase order negotiations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the construction schedule and collaborate with team and subcontractors to meet milestones.
- Support the company’s Safety Program and participate in Safety training and meetings.
- Develop strong relationship with Owner as main point of contact by constant communication of schedules, technical and design issues, including RFIs, change orders, and submittal issues
- Track and manage insurance, subcontracts, and purchase orders
- Keep management informed by providing monthly cost reports including forecasting of labor, material, equipment, and subcontractor exposure
- Assist in developing, submitting, and tracking the project QA/QC program
- Obtain all required permits for project performance
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction cycle related to aspects of full scope of work, estimates, plans and specifications.
- Be able to proactively influence and establish positive working relationships with Owner, unions, subcontractors, and other company employees.
- BS degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related degree
- Minimum 3-5 year’s Project Management experience on civil/utility construction projects
- Or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Construction Supervisors License is a Plus
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, and weekends as Project Schedule Demands
- Experience with the construction of roads, utilities, and earth work projects
- Proactive to minimize or eliminate risks to company and clients
- Working in union environments
- Strong understanding of the construction documents and specifications
- Good work ethic and attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills with subcontractors, colleagues, clients, architects, and engineers
- Strong leadership, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Good problem solver
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables.
- Strong computer skills
- Software experience with Timberline Sage, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Bluebeam, and Procore
- Possess valid driver’s license
G. Greene Construction provides a dynamic atmosphere to prosper within each employees’ field. Our family environment puts an emphasis on caring, teamwork, and respect. We encourage employees to take continuous education in order to further their career.
Our pay is at the top of the scale, and we have a generous benefits package which includes 100% paid medical and dental benefits starting on day one. 401k with automatic 3% match of total compensation regardless of employee contribution and vested 100% from day one. Vacation days commensurate with experience. Ten paid holidays. Short & long term disability. Work from home one day a week with employee determined start and end times to the work day. Christmas club, vacation club and discounted loan offers through credit union. ID fraud coverage. Plus, other benefits.
Please email email@example.com your resume & cover letter.