The three year, multi-phased project of approximately 6,000 sf space includes a new state of the art 3T MRI and equipment room, two new CT scanner rooms and shared control room, and associated administrative support spaces and offices. The imaging suite provides an updated imaging experience for patients and staff alike.
- Kept the balance of the sixth floor fully operational throughout each phase of construction, as they serve a variety of patients on the unit
- Carefully created a safety plan to pick the MRI on a weekend, ensuring the most efficient installation while minimizing the impact to those affected by the work. G. Greene’s project team organized and coordinated with G. Greene’s safety director; MGH’s safety, police, and parking garage management; the rigging subcontractor; neighboring hotel and research buildings
- Collaborated with the design team and department staff to sequence work that was manageable for the User as well as the Construction team in order to reduce the impact to their day-to-day operations
- Fifth floor support work including structural steel, MEP relocations and under slab shielding for new MRI room construction located above
- Built the first CT with a new control room independently, while keeping the other CT machine operational. Once the new CT was tested and approved for use, construction began on the second CT
- MRI hoisted into the side of the building on the 6th floor, weighed approximately 18,000 lbs
- The hospital staff was very pleased with the outcome of this project, and the communication put forth throughout its duration. Highly appreciative of all the work and coordination that was involved and the professionalism provided
Project at a Glance
Payette; Thompson Consultants, Inc.